|This is the talk page of a project page that redirects to the page:|
• Wikipedia:Policies and guidelines
Because this page is not frequently watched, present and future discussions, edit requests and requested moves should take place at:
• Wikipedia talk:Policies and guidelines
Feel Free to suggest another name if you don't like this one
Nominations and votes below
The Policy Library
- Texture 21:47, 26 Feb 2004 (UTC) - This is actually handy. Wish I had known this was here.
Redirecting to community main page
With the new community main page, I think 168's project is no longer needed. We should be able to get everything we need on the new community page, so I propose to redirect there. --Michael Snow 20:16, 26 Feb 2004 (UTC)
Your suggestion makes no sense at all and could have been said with regard to the old Main Page design. The Main Page is part of the problem, not the solution. There should be links to all the subdirectories like this one from the Main Page, b/c there's not enough space on the Main Page to put together everything that ought to be grouped.168...|...Talk 21:42, 26 Feb 2004 (UTC)
- Will the other policies shown here be added to the Community page? - Texture 21:47, 26 Feb 2004 (UTC)
I propose changing this page into a redirect to Wikipedia:Policies and guidelines, because:
- Everything here is on the policies and guidelines page, so this is duplicating things;
- For people to understand how wikipedia policies work, they need to understand the context - eg. that some rules are strongly enforced and some are just suggestions. That's what the policies and guidelines page does.
Any comments? Enchanter 00:22, May 25, 2004 (UTC)